Definitions and Interpretation
|Data||Collectively all information that you submit to Stapleton’s via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable the definitions provided in Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).|
|Data Protection Laws (i.e. GDPR)||Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, Data Protection Act 2018.|
|Stapleton’s||Stapleton’s Tyre Services Limited (Stapleton's) is a company incorporated in England and Wales with a
Company House registration: 00332098
Information Commissioners Office registration: Z6631562
Whose registered office is: Fourth Avenue, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 2HU.
|UK and EU Cookie Law||The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2003 (Regulation 6 specifically) as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2011 and subsequent applicable Cookie related laws.|
|User or You||Any third party who access the Website and is not either:
|Website||The Website that you are currently using, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
|Landing Page||A landing page is a web page that appears when a visitor clicks on a PC ad or a search engine result link.|
|Marketing Channels||Consent for Marketing via the following channels: Email, post, telephone, text (SMS)|
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government and law enforcement entities.
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation".
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it.
4. For purpose of the applicable Data Protection Laws, the Retailer is the "Data Controller" effective from the landing page. This means that Stapleton's determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which your Data is processed including how any contracted third party processing organisations that manage the processing of your Data on Stapleton's behalf.
5. In line with Contractual obligations the following Data may be collected, which could include any or all of the following Data, as provided from you:
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as a postcode and preferences
- Financial information (not credit/debit card numbers)
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- List of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, the site you exit to (automatically collected).
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
- a. Data is given to us by you when ordering tyres via this Website
- b. Product enquires and ordering
Data that is given to us by you
7. Stapleton's and its contracted third parties will collect your Data in a number of ways, inclusive but not exhaustive to:
- When you contact us through the Website.
- When you register with us to receive products and or services
- When you complete surveys that may be used for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them).
- When you enter a competition or promotion
- When you make payments via one of our PCIDSS compliant third parties (no Credit Card details are retained).
- When you elect to receive marketing communications.
- When you use our services.
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- Some Data is automatically collected about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- Some Data is automatically collected via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how they are used on this Website, see the section below, headed " Cookies".
Use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using this Website. Specifically, Data may be used for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvements to products and services
- Transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you if the appropriate levels of consent are provided.
- Contact for market research purposes such as information which may be used to customise or update this Website if the appropriate levels of consent are provided.
10. Data may be used for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the Right to Object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via any channel from the Retailer, whether via an opt-in or soft opt-in:
- Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with the Retailer via this Website (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular tyre product, and they are marketing similar tyre products).
- For other types of e-marketing, your explicit consent is required; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example checking a tick box on this Website.
- If you are not satisfied about the approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent see the section headed "Your rights" below.
12. When you engage with this Website to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is for the performance of a contract.
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- Stapleton's and our Third Party Processors to ensure continuity of customer care and administrative purposes of this Website and business.
- Applicable employees, agents and/or professional advisors - in order to fulfil tyre orders.
- Third party service providers who provide services to use which require the processing of applicable Data in order to perform functions on behalf of the business to ensure this Website runs smoothly.
- Third party payment providers who process payments made over this Website to enable any refunds are managed appropriately and in compliance with PCI DSS standards.
Keeping Data Secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- To protect user identity.
- Stapleton's Data is stored on secure servers within the EEA.
- We use a third party PCIDSS compliant organisation to handle credit and debit payments, as such Stapleton's do not retain credit or debit card Data.
- Technical and organisation measures include measures to deal with suspected Data breaches. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address:
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
16. You have the following rights in relation to your personal Data:
- Right to Access - the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time, or that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not normally charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to Correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is in accurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to Restrict our Use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is the legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address:
- If you are not satisfied with the manner in which a complaint is handled (specifically relating to personally identifiable data), you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant Data protection authority: For the UK, this is the ICO: https://ico.org.uk/.
- Accuracy of Personal Data - It is important for all organisations involved to hold accurate and current details in respect of your Personal Data in particular. Please keep us informed if you're Personal Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other Websites
Changes of Business Controls
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- You will be presented with a message requesting your consent to set Cookies on your computer when you visit the Website. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Stapleton's to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following types of Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary Cookies||These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, Cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping basket or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/performance Cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality Cookies||These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website.|
|Targeting Cookies||These Cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and links you have followed.|
20. You can find a list of Cookies below.
21. You can elect to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept some Cookies but this can be changed. For further information, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
22. You can elect to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalised settings.
23. It is recommended that you ensure your internet browser is up to date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
24. For more information generally on Cookies, including how to disable then. Please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
27. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
28. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The list of the cookies that we use can be viewed here. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a Cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know by emailing: Group-Data-Protection@stapletons-tyres.co.uk